Thursday, December 10, 2020

Sweet Birthday Shaker

Sweet Birthday Shaker card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things

The theme for the current Birthday Project challenge at My Favorite Things is shaker cards.  I  used the Cupcakes and Sprinkles dies and the matching Cupcake Shaker Pouch to make this simple but sweet birthday design.

I started by creating the cupcake element shaker.  The cupcake wrapper base was die cut from gold foil cardstock.  I used foam tape to adhere it beneath the cupcake topping opening that I die cut from pale pink cardstock.  The shaker pouch was filled in with a mix of sprinkles die cut with elements from the die set and some sequins, all in shades of pink.  For contrast I added a pair of pink strips beneath the cupcake element.  The "sweet birthday wishes" sentiment from the Sugar-Coated Sentiments stamp set was stamped to the right of the cupcake in dark pink ink.  I matted the panel on dark pink cardstock to match the sentiment, then adhered the panel to a pink card base.  The cupcake shaker was topped with a die cut candle for a final birthday-themed touch.

Materials Used:
Sugar-Coated Sentiments stamp set, Cupcakes and Sprinkles dies, Cupcake Shaker Pouch (My Favorite Things); Memento Rose Bud inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Lovely Lady, Hibiscus Burst, and Bright Buttercup cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Gold Foil cardstock (Recollections); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips