Friday, January 29, 2021

I Cannot Bear to Be Without You


Here's my card for January's inspiration challenge at Altenew.  I used the color palette and wintery theme as inspiration for my simple design.

I Cannot Bear to Be Without You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Altenew

My focal image is the bear from the Geometric Menagerie stamp set.  I stamped the image in watermark ink on white cardstock, then heat embossed it in white ink.  To color the bear, I applied brown distress ink over the embossed image.  Once I was done inking the image, I rubbed the ink off of the embossing so it would stand out against the brown.  I cut out the inked image with the matching die and set it aside while I created a simple backdrop that incorporated the rest of the colors in the inspiration photo.  For the background, I inked a white cardstock panel in two shades of pink ink, one dark and one light.  To ground the image, I adhered a piece of dark brown cardstock with a torn edge to the bottom of the inked panel.  The image was positioned on the panel using foam tape for dimension.  I stamped the set's "I cannot bear to be without you" sentiment on the brown cardstock in watermark ink and heat embossed it in white ink.  To bring in the sparkle from the icy snow seen in the inspiration photo, I adhered a trio of silver sequin "stars" to the inked portion of the panel.  The finished panel was adhered to a bright pink card base to match the deep pink ink I used for the sky.

Materials Used:
Geometric Menagerie stamp set, Rubellite and Pink Diamond Crisp Inks, Geometric Menagerie dies (Altenew); Versamark ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Vintage Photo distress ink (Ranger); Close to Cocoa cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Raspberry Fizz cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Snow embossing powder (Recollections); silver sequins; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips