Thursday, February 25, 2021

February Flower

Floral Thinking of You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps, dies, and stencil from Altenew
Here's my take on Altenew's February Inspiration Challenge. The beautiful Open Bloom 3D dies are also the newest floral dies in my Altenew stash, so my card also fits the current theme at The Flower Challenge.

My focal image is the intricate layered die cut flower. The challenge photo color read more pink than purple on my desktop computer monitor--and I have more shades of pink cardstock than I do purple--so my flower is a little more on the pink side than the inspiration photo...I cut out all of the layers, starting with a buttery yellow in a nod to the pop of yellow in the inspiration photo, then using progressively darker shades of pink for each subsequent layer.  The leaves were cut from two coordinating shades of green cardstock. I assembled the flower and leaves, then set them aside to create the background. I used the Broken Chevron stencil and Moss Crisp ink to ink a pattern on a white cardstock panel. For interest, the ink was applied more heavily near the bottom right corner of the panel and applied with a lighter hand as the pattern extended out. I used foam tape to position the flower on top of the stenciled portion of the panel, then tucked the leaves underneath. The "thinking of you" sentiment from the Thinking of You set was stamped at the upper right side of the panel. The finished panel was adhered to a green card base matching the sentiment an the veins on the leaves.

Materials Used:
Thinking of You stamp set, Moss Crisp ink, Open Bloom 3D dies, Broken Chevron stencil (Altenew); Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, and Bright Buttercup cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Mellow Moss and Always Artichoke cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Rose cardstock (Reverse Confetti); foam tape

5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully arranged card! I love that you used yellow as the base for your flower! It brightens up the flower and add so much interest to your card! Thank you so much for playing along at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous design Lori, love that subtle inked background, it really makes your beautiful flower pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done! Thanks for joining the Altenew Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy to be sharing the winners stage with you today, Lori!! Congratulations!! Your card is gorgeous!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips