Friday, February 26, 2021

Miss You a Latte

Here's my card for the current Mix it Up Challenge at SugarPea Designs. This one predates my stay in the hospital, but I'm just getting around to sharing it now! I took my cues from the elements in the inspiration photo and the photo's color scheme. I also incorporated elements of the sketch provided to create this beverage themed card.

Miss You a Latte card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from SugarPea Designs
My focal image is from the Caffeine Addict stamp set. I colored the image with Copic markers before cutting it out by hand. I used foam tape to position the image on a cream cardstock panel. To ground the image, I tucked a strip of embossed kraft cardstock beneath it to serve as a table. The eyeglasses are from the Brainy Bookmark die set. Maybe not exactly to scale, but the idea is there... The "miss you a latte" sentiment from the Espresso Yourself set was stamped to the left of the image in kraft colored ink. I left enough room at the left side of the panel to adhere a strip of purple cardstock edged with a narrow strip of pale green cardstock along the length of the card. The finished panel was adhered to a green card base matching the saucer to tie everything together.

Materials Used:
Caffeine Addict and Espresso Yourself stamp sets, Brainy Bookmark dies (SugarPea Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black and Toffee Crunch inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Very Violet cardstock (Recollections); Spring Moss and Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips