Monday, March 8, 2021

It's Hip to Be Square

 

It's Hip to Be Square card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge. I represented the layout's two rectangles with computer monitors created with the Let's Connect dies. The mointor screens were filled in with images from the coordinating Virtually the Best set. I used one of the set's teacher images for one of the screens and filled the other with four different virtual students. After assembling the monitors, I used foam tape to adhere them to a kraft cardfront over a strip of red cardstock stamped with the Typewriter Text Background. For the sentiment, I used the "it's hip to be square" sentiment from the older Pure Innocence Book in Hand stamp set. I had a hard time finding a place to put the sentiment. I didn't want to cover any of the students--or the teacher--but ended up covering one of the squares with the text.

Materials Used:
Virtually the Best, Book in Hand, and Typewriter Text Background stamp sets, Let's Connect dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips