Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Mission Control, We Have a Birthday

Mission Control, We Have a Birthday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I'm trying to stretch myself beyond my comfort zone just a bit by playing along with the monthly My Favorite Things slimline card challenge. This month's theme is birthday cards. I created a space themed birthday card using MFT's Space Explorer stamp set.

I colored the astronaut image with Copic markers. The image was placed on a dark blue background with a shimmery white debossed "moon" at the bottom. I filled in the space around the astronaut with other images from the set and some shiny gold stars die cut from foil cardstock. The set's "mission control, we have a birthday" sentiment was stamped on a yellow fishtail flag strip and placed on the moon at the bottom of the panel. The finished panel was adhered to a cheery yellow card base matching the sentiment strip. 

Materials Used:
Space Explorer stamp set, Space Explorer and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Not Quite Navy cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Bright Buttercup cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Crystal Stardream metallic cardstock (The Paper Cut); Gold Foil cardstock (Recollections); Polka Dots embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips