Sunday, March 7, 2021

That Was So Nice of You

That Was So Nice of You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things

Here's my card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches. I used the layout's trio of rectangles to showcase a pretty floral silhouette image from the Floral Silhouettes stamp set from My Favorite Things. I created an inked background using a trio of pink/red distress oxides. Once I was finished blending the gradient of inks, I stamped the floral image repeatedly in black ink, varying the placement for interest. The panel was cut into thirds and matted on black cardstock. I adhered the trio of panels on a contrasting white cardstock panel, then layered the panel on to a coordinating berry card base. The "that was so nice of you" sentiment from MFT's Bitty Thanks and Gratitude stamp set was stamped in watermark ink on a narrow black cardstock strip. I heat embossed it with a bright pink embossing powder that matches the panel, then added the strip to the cardfront using foam tape for dimension.  I'm glad I remembered that I had this embossing powder in my stash--it was a perfect match here!

Materials Used:
Flower Silhouettes and Bitty Thanks and Gratitude stamp sets (My Favorite Things);Worn Lipstick, Abandoned Coral, and Fired Brick distress oxides (Ranger); Versafine and Versafine Clair Nocturne inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Berry Sorbet cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Zing! Grapefruit embossing powder (American Crafts); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Love how the image travels through the panels, Lori! I actually did a double take with this as I "saw" palm trees at sunset first. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This floral image trio is gorgeous. You did an amazing blending job and I love that silhouette effect. So glad you joined us at Freshly made Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips