Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Thanks a Ton

Thanks a Ton card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things

Here's my card for both the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge and Color Challenge. I paired the fun colors with the simple sketch for this cute thank you card design. My focal panel is an elephant created with die cuts from the Jungle Friends die set. For interest, I used pale pink for the elephant's ear and a black enamel dot for the eye. The image was adhered to a white panel usign foam tape for dimension. This allowed me to tuck some greenery beneath the die cut piece to ground it. I adhered the panel to a bright pink pierced rectangle die cut, angling it for interest. The panels were adhered to a green card base over a narrow strip of bright pink gingham patterned paper edged with a narrower strip of pale pink cardstock. The "thanks a ton" sentiment from the coordinating Jungle Friends stamp set was stamped on a pale pink fishtail flag strip. I adhered it to the cardfront, tucking one end under the image panel to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Jungle Friends stamp set, Cement Gray cardstock, Jungle Friends, Pierced Rectangle STAX, and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Kiwi Kiss and Blushing Bride cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Razzleberry Fizz cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Hello 6x6 paper pad (Doodlebug Design); black enamel dot (My Mind's Eye); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips