Saturday, April 24, 2021

Hey You!

Hey You! card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things

Here's my card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches. I used the mini slimline layout to create a fun miss you or thinking of you design with stamps and dies from My Favorite Things. After cutting the pale blue panel and adhering it to the light green card base, I trimmed down darker blue and green scraps from my scrap pile and placed them at opposite ends of the panel. The intersection between the two strips is hidden by the earth image from MFT's Miss Your Hugs stamp set. For nice ink coverage, I used pigment inks and my MISTI to stamp the earth before cutting it out with the matching die. The image was adhered to the cardfront using foam tape for dimension. I added a teeny, tiny heart speech bubble on the globe to sort of indicate my location. The "hey, you!" sentiment from the More Essential Sentiments set was stamped to the right of the globe in blue ink to complete the design.

Materials Used:
Miss Your Hugs and More Essential Sentiments stamp sets, I Miss Your Hugs and Love Speech Bubbles dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Bahama Blue ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Rainwater pigment ink (Mama Elephant); Lemon Grass pigment ink (Avery Elle); Soft Sky, Gable Green, and Garden Green cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Ocean cardstock (Recollections); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. I love your use of the earth to connect the two long strips. And fabulous colors! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely take on the sketch. It is fun and sweet at the same. I love the fresh color scheme you chose. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips