Friday, April 23, 2021

You Quack Me Up

You Quack Me Up card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from SugarPea Designs
Here's my card for for this month's Mix it Up challenge at SugarPea Designs. I paired the sketch with layouts from the inspiration photo (color scheme, bird theme) for my design.

I don't have SPD's swan stamp set, but I do have the Quackers duck set! I used the upside down duck as my focal image here. The duck was stamped on white cardstock and colored with Copic markers, then cut out with the matching die. The die cuts the image closely so that the rippling water part of the image isn't captured with any of the die cut duck. I did stamp the rippling water in blue on a blue half circle panel that I adhered to a white circle to make a background for the image. The white part of the panel was inked with blue distress ink to give it a more sky-like look before I added the duck image using foam tape for dimension. I placed the image panel on a blue card base over a pair of rust colored panels--one solid and one polka dotted. Each panel was edged with a narrow strip of gray cardstock for contrast. The set's "you quack me up" sentiment was stamped in navy ink beneath the solid rust panel to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Quackers stamp set, Quackers dies (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black and Nautical Blue inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Tumbled Glass distress ink (Ranger); markers (Copic); Brocade Blue and Really Rust cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Smokey Shadow cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Stella and Rose-Mabel 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips