Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Look for Rainbows

Look for Rainbows card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things

Here's my card for the current slimline challenge at My Favorite Things. The challenge theme is "inside out." I designed this card so that when you open it, the umbrella is on the inside of the card. I cut an opening into the front panel to allow the die cut pieces to show through before the card is opened. The umbrella was created with MFT's Umbrella die and lots of cardstock scraps. I cut the umbrella from both the cardfront and the light blue panel I adhered to the cardfront, then arranged the pieces of the umbrella inside the card, lining them up to fit inside the opening on the cardfront. To go with my rainbow umbrella, I used more cardstock scraps to create a rainbow extending from the top left corner of the light blue panel to the top of the umbrella. Raindrops were stamped beneath the umbrella using the raindrop stamp from the coordinating Umbrella stamp set. The "when it rains, look for rainbows" sentiment from the Rainbow of Happiness stamp set was stamped beneath the umbrella in blue ink that coordinates with the card base.

Materials Used:
Rainbow of Happiness and Umbrella stamp sets, Umbrella dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Bahama Blue ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Sprinkles ink (Taylored Expressions); Soft Sky and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Red Punch, Very Violet, and Ocean cardstock (Recollections); Bright Buttercup cardstock (Papertrey Ink); silver paper (Target)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips