Thursday, April 22, 2021

Poppy Trio

 


Poppy Trio card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Verve Stamps

Here's my card for the current Fusion challenge. I paired the sketch with elements from the inspiration photo for this simple design.

My poppy trio was created with Verve's Poppy Birthday stamp set and coordinating Build a Poppy dies. Instead of coloring the images, I stamped them on colored cardstock with a dark black pigment-like ink before cutting them out with the matching dies. The pieces were adhered to white squares using foam tape for the flower so that the leaf could be tucked underneath the raised piece. I arranged the squares on a gray cardstock strip, then positioned the strip at the bottom of a green card base. For the sentiment, I stamped the "you're in my thoughts" sentiment that was a Verve freebie just above the strip of images in the same dark black ink. Simple, but eye-catching!

Materials Used:
Poppy Birthday stamp set, Build a Poppy dies (Verve Stamps); Versafine Clair Nocturne ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Red Punch cardstock (Recollections); Steel Grey cardstock (My Favorite Things); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Those poppies are wonderful - especially with that vibrant green! Very pretty! Glad you joined us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so clean and I love the green background making the frame and the poppies pop. Thanks for joining us at The Fusion Card Challenge. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips