Friday, May 7, 2021

For a Great Teacher

For a Great Teacher card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lil' Inker Designs

I couldn't let Teacher Appreciation Week go by without sharing a teacher themed design! This one is based on the current challenge at Sunday Stamps. It's a loose interpretation of the sketch, but I think it still works...

My focal image is the large stitched apple I created with a die from Lil' Inker Designs. I positioned the apple at the right side of a kraft card base, then added a strip of green gingham patterned paper across the cardfront at the bottom of the apple. For texture, I wrapped a piece of cream twine around the strip and secured it with a tiny bow before adding it to the card. A strip of dark brown cardstock was tucked beneath the bottom edge of the gingham strip to set it off from the kraft cardfront. For the sentiment, I stamped the "for a great teacher" sentiment from LID's Apple of My Eye stamp set in red ink on a cream panel. The panel was matted on green cardstock and placed on the cardfront at the bottom of the apple using foam tape.

Materials Used:
Apple of My Eye stamp set, Apple Shaker dies (Lil' Inker Designs); Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Kraft and Simply Chartreuse cardstock,Simply Chartreuse patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Chocolate Chip and Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); twine; foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Oh, beautiful, Lori - simple and perfect! Love your paper choice for your band, too - and I'm sure this card will be appreciated! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect card for any teacher! Love the big red apple! SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I love the crisp design. Thank you for sharing on Sunday Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips