Thursday, May 6, 2021

You Bet Giraffe I Love You


Here's my card for the current Fusion challenge. I paired the sketch with elements from the inspiration photo (giraffes, color scheme) to create this punny love themed design.

You Bet Giraffe I Love You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite ThingsMy focal image is built on a kraft gingham patterned tag die cut. I colored one of the giraffes from the My Favorite Things Giraffing Me Crazy stamp set with Copic markers. After die cutting the colored image, I used foam tape to adhere the giraffe to the tag. The tag was placed on the left side of a kraft card base. I layered a pair of fishtail flag strips to the bottom of the tag, varying the colors and widths for interest. The "you bet giraffe I love you" sentiment from the Giraffe Greetings stamp set was stamped on the golden yellow tag. To go with the sentiment, I used the Love Speech Bubble dies to cut out a tiny heart filled speech bubble. The die cut piece was adhered to the tag using more foam tape. A small knotted piece of kraft twill placed at the top of the tag completed the design.

Materials Used:
Giraffing Me Crazy and Giraffe Greetings stamp sets, Giraffing Me Crazy, Traditional Tag STAX, Fishtail Flag STAX and Love Speech Bubble dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic);Kraft, Harvest Gold, and Simply Chartreuse cardstock , kraft twill (Papertrey Ink); Double Dutch-Lemonade designer paper (Lilybee Design); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card! Thanks so much for playing with us at Fusion card challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips