Sunday, May 9, 2021

Never Too Old

Never Too Old card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lil' Inker Designs
Here's my card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches. I used the layout for a fun birthday themed design made with stamps and dies from Lil' Inker Designs.

I designed my card around the fun striped paper that I used for the square in the lower right corner of the cardfront. The panel was matted on coordinating aqua cardstock before it was positioned on the green card base. I topped the panel with a festive party hat die cut with LID's party hat dies. The hat was backed with shimmery silver paper to fill in the star-shaped negative space. The "you're never too old to wear a party hat" sentiment from the You're Invited set was stamped on a white panel in aqua ink. The stamped strip was added to the patterned paper panel using foam tape. I accented the hat with a trio of iridescent sequins to finish off the design.

Materials Used:
You're Invited stamp set, Party Hats dies (Lil' Inker Designs); Cookie Monster ink (Taylored Expressions); Green Parakeet, Hawaiian Shores, and Bright Buttercup cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Silver cardstock, clear self-adhesive crystal (Recollections); designer paper (SEI); iridescent sequins; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun card and sentiment! The bright colours make me smile! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips