Monday, May 10, 2021

Yay! It's Your Birthday

Yay! It's Your Birthday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge. This is a super simple one that would be easy to reproduce in a number of color schemes.

I used the "celebrate" die from MFT's Celebrate die set to cut the word from four different colors of cardstock for an ombre effect. The palest blue green was adhered at the bottom of the panel, with each word above it a shade darker. I left room beneath the bottom die cut to stamp a small sentiment. I went with one from the Bitty Birthday Wishes set. The "Yay! It's your birthday" sentiment was stamped just below the die cut using Summer Splash ink. I did the stamping with my MISTI so that I could be sure that the word was straight and that I got a solid impression. The finished panel was adhered to a teal card base. Since it's nice and flat, this one would be great to make up in multiples in a few different color schemes to have some easy to mail birthday cards on hand.

Materials Used:
Bitty Birthday Wishes stamp set, Summer Splash ink, Celebrate dies (My Favorite Things); Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, and Tropical Teal cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Ocean cardstock (Recollections)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips