Thursday, June 24, 2021

Whale Hello

Whale Hello card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti
Here's my card for the current challenge at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.  I combined the layout with the challenge's beach theme for this summery hello card. The layout's three round elements are represented by a trio of whales from Reverse Confetti's Seaside stamp set. The images were stamped in pale blue pigment ink before I cut them out with the matching die. For a whimsical element I gave each one a wiggly eye. The images were arranged on an aqua card base with a strip of navy striped patterned paper along the right side. The pattern reminded me of waves, so it seemed like a good match for an ocean themed design. I combined two of the set's sentiments to get the "whale hello" sentiment that I stamped on a small rectangle of aqua cardstock. The text was adhered to the bottom of the patterned paper panel to complete the design.

Materials Used:
Seaside stamp set, Iced Aqua cardstock, Under the Umbrella 6x6 paper pad, Seaside dies (Reverse Confetti); Winter pigment ink (Mama Elephant); Memento Nautical Blue ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); wiggly eyes; foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Super cute, Lori - love that bolder blue splash over the pale! Such a fun combo! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, I agree, your striped paper on the right is perfect "waves" to go along with your whales! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Double Trouble for our sketch and beach theme!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips