Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Color Throwdown 652-Missing You Today

It's time for another Color Throwdown! Barbara is our hostess this week with a soothing mix of colors--turquoise, blue, green, and kraft.

Missing You Today card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
The land and water in the inspiration photo made me think of a globe, so I made the globe from the I Miss Your Hugs stamp set from My Favorite Things the focal image of my design. The image was stamped with pigment inks, then cut out with the matching die. I used foam tape to adhere the globe to a turquoise card base over a blue cardstock strip. For contrast, I tucked a narrow strip of green cardstock under the bottom edge of the blue cardstock strip. I accented the globe with a kraft speech bubble with a blue heart at the center. The "missing you today" sentiment from the Bitty Hugs and Kisses stamp set was stamped beneath the green strip in green pigment ink to finish the design.

To play along, just create a paper crafted project using these colors as a starting point and add a direct link to your finished project using the linky tool found at the end of this week's CTD post.  As always, if you don’t have exact color matches, something close works just fine.  Just be sure that the challenge colors are the dominant ones in your project.  And, if you upload your project to an online gallery, use the keyword CTD652If you upload your projects on social media, go ahead and use the hashtag #ctd652 and #colorthrowdown.  You can find us on Instagram and on Facebook with the username colorthrowdown.  Before you get started, here’s some inspiration from the talented Color Throwdown team.

** Amy Rohl **  Amy Rysavy ** Barbara ** 
** Broni ** Lisa ** Lynn **
** Susie **  Vickie ** Wanda **

Materials Used:
I Miss Your Hugs and Bitty Hugs and Kisses stamp sets, Summer Splash cardstock, I Miss Your Hugs and Love Speech Bubbles dies (My Favorite Things); Aquamarine and Celery pigment inks (Avery Elle); Tempting Turquoise cardstock (Stampin' Up!); New Leaf and Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips