Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Hey, Sunshine

Hey, Sunshine card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge. My mini slimline design is a watery scene featuring the cutie from the Drink Up the Sunshine stamp set. The image was colored with Copic markers, then fussy cut with super sharp scissors. I created a background for the image with some aqua grid patterned paper and darker aqua "waves" cut with MFT's Hit the Slopes dies. The image was added on top with foam tape for dimension. I stamped the "hey, sunshine" sentiment from the Hey, Sunshine stamp set on an orange fishtail flag strip. The strip was adhered to the patterned paper panel over a contrasting hot pink fishtail flag strip. I centered the card on a teal card base to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Drink Up the Sunshine and Hey, Sunshine stamp set, Hit the Slopes and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); marker (Copic); Hawaiian Shores and Raspberry Fizz cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Ocean cardstock, Aqua Grid designer paper (Recollections); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips