Thursday, July 22, 2021

Dude

Hi There, Dude card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from SugarPea Designs

Here's my card for this month's Mix It Up challenge at SugarPea Designs. I paired the sketch with elements from the inspiration photo (color scheme, beachy theme) for this fun design featuring SPD's Hey Summer stamp set.

I colored the set's bear, board, and ball images with Copic markers, then used my Scan 'n Cut machine to cut out the colored piece. They were arranged on a panel of cloud patterned paper from a SPD paper pad. I matted the patterned panel on contrasting blue cardstock before adhering it to a blue card base that coordinates with the patterned paper panel. The set's "hi there dude" sentiment was stamped in navy ink on a green strip. I tucked the strip beneath the raised image trio to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Hey Summer stamp set, Whatever the Weather paper pad (SugarPea Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Hawaiian Shores and New Leaf cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Navy cardstock (Recollections); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips