Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Color Throwdown 729-You Are My Heart

It's time for another Color Throwdown! Vickie is our hostess this week with a fun mix of colors--red, pink, and gold.

You Are My Heart card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
My card is super simple. I made it over the weekend when the outside temperature was really cold, which means my stamping space was too cold to spend a long time there creating. The layout from the current challenge at Try Stampin' on Tuesday was perfect for a simple design! I replaced the layout's round panel with a large pierced heart die cut. The die cut was placed at the right side of a white panel, then trimmed down so it was flush with the edge of the panel. I stamped the "you are my heart" sentiment from the My Favorite Things Bitty Hugs & Kisses stamp set in gold ink on a pink fishtail flag strip before embossing the text in gold for an extra pop. The strip was tucked beneath the left side of the die cut heart. I matted the panel on gold paper, then placed it on a red card base to match the heart.

To play along, just create a paper crafted project using these colors as a starting point and add a direct link to your finished project using the linky tool found at the end of this week's CTD post.  As always, if you don’t have exact color matches, something close works just fine.  Just be sure that the challenge colors are the dominant ones in your project.  And, if you upload your project to an online gallery, use the keyword CTD729.  If you upload your projects on social media, go ahead and use the hashtag #ctd729 and #colorthrowdown.  You can find us on Instagram and on Facebook with the username colorthrowdown.  Before you get started, here’s some inspiration from the talented Color Throwdown team and this week's Guest Star Stamper.

** Amy Rohl **  Amy Rysavy **
** Broni ** Lisa ** Lynn **
** Susie **  Vickie ** Wanda **
** Guest Star Stamper Nancy Leppek **

Materials Used:
Bitty Hugs & Kisses stamp set, Pierced Heart STAX and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Delicata Gold ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Riding Hood Red and Pink Passion cardstock (Stampin' Up!); gold paper (Target); Zing! Gold embossing powder (American Crafts)

1 comment:

  1. It might be simple but it packs a nice punch with that big heart! Thanks for having me as a guest this week at TCT!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips