Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Can I Get Some Sunshine?

It's been so gloomy here lately that it seems like everyone's asking where the sun is. Hopefully that will change soon. Until then, I'll need to make my own sunshine, I guess. I did just that with this card for this week's TCP Tuesday color challenge to use teal, orange, and yellow. The bright colors definitely cheered me up!

I used the new Wet Puddles stamp set again and a variation on this layout for my card. I colored the image with Copic markers, going with mostly yellow and orange shades. The buttons on the orange coat are dotted with Liquid Pearls for a metallic shine.

I used two patterned paper panels from different Echo Park collections underneath the image. They're layered on a yellow panel that's attached to a Hawaiian Shores card base--it's more teal IRL than in the photo. The colored image is added to the panel with foam tape. I added a felt sun with a button center as an embellishment and stamped the "wishing you sunshine" sentiment on a yellow panel that's slipped underneath the edge of the image.

Materials Used:
Wet Puddles stamp set (The Cat's Pajamas); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Hawaiian Shores cardstock, Orange Zest felt, Lemon Tart button (Papertrey Ink); Yoyo Yellow cardstock (Stampin' Up!); A Walk in the Park and Sweet Summertime Collection Kits (Echo Park); Die-namics sun die (My Favorite Things); baker's twine (The Twinery); Silver Pearl Liquid Pearls (Ranger); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Oh so sweet -- I adore this image and you've made her shine, Lori! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips