Tuesday, December 6, 2011

IHP/Market Street Stamps Blog Hop

Welcome to the i {heart} papers and Market Street Stamps combined teams blog hop! We're so excited to have you join us, and we know you're in for a real treat (and maybe a prize, if you're lucky!).

You should have arrived here from Loretta's blog. If not, visit Kate's i {heart} papers blog to start from the beginning. You'll go from there to the blogs of our designers and finish up at the Market Street Stamps blog. If you get lost, both company blogs have the complete list of links.


i {heart} papers is proud that we recently celebrated our 3rd anniversary in October. We’ve grown by leaps and bounds and have not strayed from our core principle of stellar customer service with FAST and FREE shipping. You ALWAYS receive free shipping with your $50 US order/$150 CAN order with no gimmicks or restrictions like so many other companies, and orders are almost always shipped within 24 business hours. We’re thrilled to be hopping along with the MSS team today and to be carrying the MSS line of stamps. If you’ve never ordered from us before, please mention that you learned about us on this hop for a free gift with your first order! Please visit us at www.iheartpapers.com, “like” us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/iheartpapers, where you'll find over 1900 other IHP fans!) and follow us on Twitter (@iheartpapers). Enjoy the hop! If you order by Wednesday midnight EST, all MSS sets are 15% off! Leave comments along the hop to be entered in a drawing to win one free MSS set. The more you comment, the more chances to win! You have until Wednesday at midnight...winners will be announced on the ihp blog on Friday!

about Market Street Stamps:

Market Street Stamps, LLC, was founded in January 2010 by Angelica and Jorge Suarez, a husband and wife team who create unique stamps made from peach-tinted photopolymer, the best available on the market today! Market Street Stamps' goal is to produce durable, high quality designs that you'll turn to again and again! We are thrilled to be hopping with i {heart} papers and their incredibly talented design team today! Be sure to "like" us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/MarketStreetStamps) for the latest releases and project ideas from our Design Team!

about my project:

I used the new Pawprints on Our Hearts set for my project. As soon as I saw the set, I knew I wanted to create a simple scrapbook page to mark an approaching date. Tomorrow will be two years since I very suddenly lost my sweet Cosmo the crazy dog. Even though I now have Chloe the cutie puppy and her very big personality around to keep me busy and entertained, I still miss Cosmo and all of his quirks in a big way. Weather permitting, Miss Chloe and I will spend a little time at the dog park tomorrow afternoon in his honor, as is becoming our tradition.

The page is built on a pale aqua panel with a pair of patterned papers creating a bold stripe across the panel. The papers are from 6x6 paper pads, so I cut the strips in half and attached them so their edges were flush with the edges of the page base. I knew my photos would cover the missing segments in the center, so this makes it appear that the strips extend the entire length of the page. I added a narrow solid strip at the bottom of the patterned papers and a little orange ric rac at the seam between the two patterns, too.

I found two of my favorite Cosmo photos—one of him with his favorite Nemo toy and one of him outside in the snow with his almost ever-present cone collar—to use on the page. They’re set on angles at the middle of the paper strips. I used some chipboard letter stickers to spell Cosmo’s name above one photo, replacing one of the “o’s” with the set’s paw print image stamped on a dog tag like circle shape. One of the set’s sentiments is stamped underneath the second photo in brown ink. To set the photos off from the page just a little, I paper pierced around the edges and did some white pen faux stitching.

From here, you're headed to Lynn's blog. Enjoy the hop! Thanks for your comments! Remember to order your MSS from ihp before Wednesday to get the 15% discount!

i {heart} papers
Amy Kolling
Brenda Weaver
Carolyn Mustopa
Deb Felts
Dobea Alberts
Gretchen Belknap
Julie Day
Kendra Wietstock
Loretta Lock
Lori Tecler (you're here!)
Lynn Mercurio
Michele Gross
Samantha Casey
Stephanie Muzzulin
Stephanie Washburn
Tifany DeGough
Tracy Schultz
Market Street Stamps
    Materials Used:
    from i {heart} papers: Market Street Stamps Pawprints on our Hearts stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Rich Cocoa ink, My Mind’s Eye Lime Twist Fly a Kite and Out of the Blue 6x6 paper pads, May Arts orange ric rac, Ranger Inkssentials white gel pen, Divine Twine orange baker's twine, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

    other: Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Thickers (American Crafts)

    25 comments:

    1. So cute how you used the pawprint for the 'o' and I love the sentiment...just perfect for this layout!

      ReplyDelete
    2. What a super sweet page Lori! I love the layout and the sentiment ~ just perfect!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Great page, Lori! I love that knee-deep-in-snow picture! What a perfect sentiment to use on a page for Cosmo!

      ReplyDelete
    4. super cute page! Love the paw print!!

      ReplyDelete
    5. This is such a perfect page for remembering Cosmo!

      ReplyDelete
    6. What a WONDERFUL memory page.... I see Cosmo a LOT on SCS... LOVE that cone picture in the snow!!! Isn't it funny how that is how we associate people... their Avatar's!!! LOL

      ReplyDelete
    7. Super cute layout and dog.. :)! I love how you used the pawprint for the "o". My dog had a cone too when she has surgery and she had so much fun scooping up the snow it was like a game to her! Wonderful layout!
      -Sam

      ReplyDelete
    8. Perfect stamps to use for a memory page!

      ReplyDelete
    9. Ah, what a cutie pie! I love when people do pages for their pets!

      ReplyDelete
    10. What a sweet layout to remember Cosmo. I love the color combo you used here.

      ReplyDelete
    11. Such a sweet layout. Ilove those Pawprints stamps!

      ReplyDelete
    12. Awww this layout is adorable!

      ReplyDelete
    13. Cute layout! Love the pawprint in the tag! ... Kathy Jacobson

      ReplyDelete
    14. Wonderful layout of your sweet Cosmo. They truly do leave pawprints on our hearts. I'm sorry about your loss :(

      ReplyDelete
    15. Awww...your Cosmo will always be with you - such fun memories and just think how your life was enriched by being his human. Great layout...this set was perfect for it too.

      ReplyDelete
    16. Love this! It reminds me that I really need to do something that focuses on my two lovely dogs. EVERYTHING I've done so far involves or is specifically for my son...I need to do some stuff for my dogs and some stuff for me and my hubby. Great layout and thanks for sharing!

      ReplyDelete
    17. What a beautiful tribute to dog Lori! Love it!

      ReplyDelete
    18. Sorry to hear about Cosmo, that's a wonderful memory layout!

      ReplyDelete
    19. Very sweet memorial layout of your furbaby. The stamps are a great added touch. The paw print embellishment is perfect! Such a great way to keep his spirit with you. Thank you for sharing this special layout with us.

      ReplyDelete
    20. Aww, so cute!! Love the layout and your adorable pup :)

      ReplyDelete
    21. What a sweet layout! So sorry about your loss, but yay for a new sweet pup! Love how pets can just fill our hearts.

      ReplyDelete
    22. HopeK - Fiskateer 8476December 7, 2011 at 9:05 PM

      Nice tribute. I will be doing the same for a lost fur baby..

      ReplyDelete

     
    Blogging tips